Tuesday, June 22, 2004

summer school was supposed to be fun

I know, that sentence in and of itself is what makes me old. But, I was looking forward to taking both Sociology and Anthropology as television courses. I would tape them, watch them in the evenings or on the weekend, and do my homework. But a programming error on my part with the VCR has set me back a week in Anthropology trying to play catch up. And then even though I've watched the first 4 episodes of Sociology and done the practice tests I have not done any of the essays - 1 for each episode, 250 to 300 words each. Plus, I now need to watch the second 4 episodes, take the practice tests and write the essays. Fortunately I have until the last week of class to turn in all of the essays, but I don't want to be like that. And next week I have a midterm for each of the classes. The midterm for Anthropology is all on an episode I have not even re-taped yet. If it screws up I am equally screwed. Funny thing is, I thought Anthropology would be the more interesting of the 2 and I haven't even been able to do any of it yet. Oh, I just hope I make it through the summer semester somewhat intact. Let that be a lesson to me, if I think it sounds easy it won't be.

1 comment: