Tuesday, June 29, 2004

political emails

I am very disturbed by people sending me their political emails. Not the random "support our candidate" emails but the ones from friends and associates that feel compelled to include me in their email list and forward me things like what a wonderful job GW is doing and how under appreciated he is. I do not send them emails asking them to support views I know are not theirs, I do not send them emails that I find humorous based on my political views, that I know would offend them. I don't get up on my political soapbox and preach to them, why must they feel compelled to preach at me? I know it might be important to try to change some peoples minds, but you don't do that by forwarding aggressive emails, you do that by sending factual emails if you must send emails. Personally I only forward those things on to like minded individuals. I'm not big on political confrontation.

Obviously I just got an email. It was forwarded to me by someone I like, however I know our views are very different. I don't send her emails pointing out how lame our current president is, how corrupt he is, how inept he is. I do not feel like I should have to get emails going on about how we should be behind GW in the war in Iraq regardless of the reasons he gave for getting us there, an email that goes on about how Michael Moore's documentary has been all but disproved by the 9/11 committee - hello, what report did you read!? And, I do not like being treated like sheep. If Bush wanted a war in Iraq over the way Saddam was treating the citizens then I may well have signed on for that(although since he didn't give two sh!ts about California during our energy crisis I'm not out of reasons to not support him either). But you don't get to play that card AFTER you drove us to war using the 9/11 conspiracy theory. And another thing, just how does presenting the images of completely anonymous flagged draped coffins returning from Iraq invade privacy? We do not know what individuals are in them and we are not invading a private family service. It is not an invasion of any privacy, it is this administrations way of keeping a human face off of the hard numbers of US soldiers deaths.

Just once I would like to see some more people think for themselves rather than spouting the party line. Do you honestly think GW is doing a good job? Were you living in the same state as me? The same country? How many people do you know that have the same job they did 3 years ago? Are you not hearing more about the whole energy crisis manipulation that GW's buddies ran on us? I would like all of the Republicans that are supporting Bush to ask themselves what they are first, an American or a Republican? Personally I am first an American, second a Californian and third sick and tired of being lied to and manipulated by politicians, be they whatever party. Engage your brains people, open your eyes, hell if necessary ask yourself what you'd feel if he were a Democrat - maybe then you'd give yourselves an honest answer.

1 comment:

  1. you're allowed to say "shit" in your blog. it's recommended. :)

    ReplyDelete