Monday, June 28, 2004

oh where has she gone?

I volunteer with a non-profit animal rescue. I foster dogs, I am on the board, I maintain the website, and with the leaving of our Treasurer (sometimes referred to as our "treasure") for the Lone Star State I am now the new best friend of the Dog Team Leader. Don't get me wrong, I like her a lot and couldn't do half the fostering she does/has done, but where oh where has my "treasure" gone? I kid you not, I had 5 calls in a 6 hour period yesterday. It got to the point where I yelled "not again" when the phone rang before I even looked at the caller ID. Granted, I had a major headache and was also trying to study for a midterm the next day, but still. I don't know if our "treasure" actually got all those calls or if it's just that now I get her half as well. Either way, I think her husband should quit that job and they should get their little butts back where they belong, where they were doing some good, where they were making a difference in our lives. Got to go, the phones ringing...

No comments:

Post a Comment