Friday, August 06, 2004

I'm just a girl, afterall...

I got a call on the Jeep last night (I'm selling an '84 CJ7). I've spoken with my Mechanic to make sure how low I should go on it. He says he thinks $5850 but that means I'm willing to go to $5000 if someone offers it. But it's kind of weird. He says he can't believe I still have it, it's in great shape, looks good, it's priced right. Anyway, this guy calls last night and says "you know, bluebook is only $2700, how did you come up with $6000?" so I said "well, I researched what they are ACTUALLY selling for, and asked my mechanic as well as a friend in to Jeeps what they thought I could get for it. Then I looked at the Jeeps that are going for around bluebook and noticed that they don't run so I figured I was right in the right range. You can't really go by bluebooks for cars that are considered classics." So much for treating me like a dumb girl. I hate it when some guys call about cars. I had that with the MG and the Miata as well - I have a weakness for cars, it's a big joke among my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment